The Ultimate Comfy PJ bottoms / Lounge pants
Now January and February are here what better excuse is there to stay inside in the warm and to start a new sewing project, especially when that means sewing yourself the most comfortable pair of lounge pants possible. If you are looking for style and comfort then you need look no further than the Tofino pants pattern by Sewaholic.
Why we love this pattern
- These super stylish lounge pants are slightly more fitted than most lounge pants but are just as comfortable to wear.
- The faux fly detailing on the front adds a professional and modern touch.
- We especially love the fact that the waist-rise is cut slightly higher at the back and lower at the front, which not only makes them flattering to wear, but extremely comfortable when sitting down.
- In addition, the vertical piping elongates the leg and let’s face it, who doesn’t want their legs to look a little longer!
- The Tofino pattern comes in two lengths, full length and knee length, and lends itself to some simple style adaptations. In addition, the side panels and piping detail allow you to play around with contrasting colour and different patterned fabric, thereby easily adding a pop of colour or a dash of originality to your work. Alternatively, why not add some pockets, placing them about 15cms down from the top on each side panel and sewing them in together with the vertical seams.
Our top fabric picks
We made our Tofino Pants in the fabulous 100% cotton fabric Greys Court ‘Paisley’ in Blue and Greys Court ‘Ticking Stripe’ in Blue. We have also selected five further fabrics which we think would look fantastic made up using the Tofino Pants pattern. We are offering 10% discount on the Sewaholic Tofino pattern when bought together with one of our selected fabrics shown from 1st to 12th February.
‘Ticking Stripe’ - Gold
Our top sewing tips:
- Sewaholic patterns are sized for pear-shaped figures i.e. smaller waist to hips, but the multi-sized pattern makes grading between sizes easy to adjust the pattern if necessary.
- Annette made up the straight size 4 shown here with no adjustments needed other than shortening the leg length by 4cm. It is definitely worth checking your inside leg measurement before cutting out your fabric as the pattern is quite long.
- We believe the pattern is suitable for an absolute beginner but you may wish to omit the piping if you haven’t sewn anything to wear for yourself before. Alternatively, you could use ready-made piping. We have some great colours to choose from in store.
Beginners Dressmaking Lounge Pants Workshop
If you would love to learn-to-sew and make yourself the Tofino Lounge pants but feel you would like some expert help and guidance, then we have a Comfy PJ bottoms / Lounge pants workshop coming up on Saturday 13th February from 10am to 5pm. This workshop is also repeated later in the year on Thursday 27th October. Further details can be found in our Workshop programme (copies available in store) and on our website. Please phone us to book your place. Don’t forget you will also get 10% off in store on any purchases you make on the day of your workshop.